Tuesday, September 30, 2008

reading...

I'm actually perfectly content with the fact that all I did today was read and do laundry. Okay, so I could have done without the laundry, but to be able to finish the last book of the four I've been working on was no small accomplishment. It took a lot of tears and laughter to get where I am today. Anitta Stansfield is an amazingly talented writer, and if you won't take my words for it you really need to look into reading her books, starting with A Timeless Waltze. It takes you in and out of the joys and struggles of an LDS family as they come to learn and accept that being a member of the Church doesn't make you any less a victime of the struggles of this world, but it gives you some pretty incredible tools to overcome them, namely the Atonement. I found myself sobbing as I tried to get to the end of this last book, but I've never felt so accomplished in such a simple task before this. It's good to read fictional words, well aware of the struggles facing many friends and loved ones, and learn the simple but true principles to help put trials into perspective. I'm not really sure where that leaves me, but many thoughts now buzz around in my head... Thanks Anitta Stansfield.